Imagine going inside a retail store and discovering that the storm-damaged roof is leaking in several different areas, creating muddy pools on the floor. It can put off customers, or worse, drive them away from the business. It is a surefire case that supports the fact that a shabby, inefficient roof can only mean trouble for commercial buildings and facilities. That is why it is important to deal with the issues as soon as possible. The good thing is that a roof replacement does not have to be a maddening, long-drawn-out procedure. As long as you are aware of the various aspects that should be carefully looked into, you will be able to make the best decisions for your roof. Once you have checked these factors off your list, you can expect minimal hassle, superior results and a long-lasting roof for your building.
Superior Construction Co. — a trusted expert in roof installation and emergency roof repair services — discusses five elements that should be taken into consideration when planning for a commercial roof replacement.
In order to prioritize your roof installation needs, it is crucial to come up with a specific budget range for the new roof and be transparent about the costs when discussing with your contractor. Remember, not all roofing systems are the same — some structures are made with high-end materials and can last up to 50 years, while others are durable and weather-resistant enough to have a useful life of 15 to 20 years. Being honest about how much you have set aside for the project will help professional contractors make appropriate recommendations, all while ensuring your needs are met and you do not end up with an inflated bill.
It is fairly easy to find roofing companies that are qualified and dependable in your local area. Nevertheless, it is important to conduct meticulous research to make sure that the businesses you are considering have the experience and technical expertise required to successfully remove and install a commercial roof. Take time to converse with them over the phone and do not hesitate to ask about the ins and outs of their roofing installation process. If there are concerns, air them out as soon as possible so that details are settled before proceeding with the construction. Finally, scour the web to read relevant reviews about their skills and customer service. Note any glaring comments regarding their work ethic or professionalism and clarify those with the contractor. It pays to scrutinize roofing companies early on to avoid dealing with roof maintenance complications down the road. After all, the strength, durability and longevity of your commercial roof and the success of the project are not solely dependent on construction materials. The skills and expertise of the roofer can have a significant impact on the quality of the installation as well.
Another important aspect of commercial roofing installation is the local building codes. The rules and regulations stated in these codes will influence the selection process of the appropriate roofing system for your building or facility. Normally, these building codes are based on the safety standards that your building is required to comply with. Fortunately, with a competent and knowledgeable roofer, you will not have to break out in a cold sweat when thinking about this segment of your roofing project. Keep in mind, however, that building codes vary by state. It is a big advantage to hire a roofing contractor from the local area because they are familiar and well-versed in pertinent regulations.
Today, most roofing and other building materials present on the market are manufactured with good quality, making roof maintenance less troublesome. Oftentimes, it is a matter of picking a material that best suits certain factors, such as:
- Climate. Is the building located in a warm, sunny climate or a cold, freezing region? What kind of weather conditions is your area prone to? Establishing the correct slope and effective drainage is critical because these things will determine how well rain, snow and ice will run off the new roof. No building owner wants water or melted snow to collect on the roof since this scenario generally leads to leaks and other structural problems.
- Load. A roof is designed to carry its own weight and other short-term loads. If you will be mounting equipment, such as vents and solar panels, on your commercial roof, make sure that the roof has the correct design to support the weight of the equipment.
- Durability. The life expectancy of a commercial roof largely depends on the materials used, along with the installation and maintenance. Considering the average lifespan of the roofing system will give you an inkling of how frequently you will need to replace the roof in the future.
- Energy Efficiency. Of course, it is important to deliberate over key details, like how energy-efficient the roofing system should be, before choosing roofing materials. A commercial roofing repair services expert says that a high-performance and energy-efficient roof can help reduce your building’s energy consumption and therefore long-term energy costs down the line.
A careful and precise building owner should consider all aspects of roof installation down to the last detail. Note that different construction materials call for varying levels of maintenance. This can have a dramatic impact on long-term roofing expenses, including debris removal, general inspection and repair, gutters and downspouts maintenance and more. Keeping your commercial roof in tip-top shape is vital to its performance and longevity, so make sure to think long and hard about this aspect.
Benefits of a New Commercial Roof
A roof replacement is a net positive for your business. Here are three advantages to look forward to after installing a shiny, new commercial roof.
- Improved Safety. As modern technology and innovations shoot up, knowledge about the safe construction of commercial roofs also develops. According to commercial roofing repair services, a roof replacement also addresses potential sources of accidents and falls, including water penetration caused by loose or missing tiles and membranes. If employees or customers sustain injuries due to a damaged roof, you may face costly lawsuits and a tarnished reputation.
- Better Storm-Resistance. A commercial roof can deteriorate and fail over time, no thanks to harsh weather elements, like snow, hail and ultraviolet light. If you are not familiar with common storm-related issues, you may face serious breaches in your commercial roof. The good news is, new materials and installation techniques make commercial roofs and therefore building properties more storm-resistant than ever. Brand new flashing, gaskets, joints and more create a watertight seal for the entire structure.
- Sustainability. A well-designed commercial roof can improve the energy efficiency of your building, cutting down on energy costs for heating and cooling. If you opt to install a roof known for its energy-conserving benefits, you take an important step toward creating an eco-friendly and sustainable building.
Contact Superior Construction Co. for All Your Commercial Roofing Needs
For top-rated roofing solutions in and around Groton, MA, look no further than Superior Construction Co. We offer roof installation, emergency roof repair and roof maintenance services for residential homes and commercial buildings. Our experienced and factory-certified team is aiming to provide the comfort and efficiency every unique client needs through industry-leading products and outstanding customer service. Call us today at (978) 830-3163 or fill out our contact form to request a free, no-obligation estimate. We look forward to working with you!